Music: Piotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
Libretto: Vladimir Begitchev & Vasily Geltzer
Choreography: Marius Petipa & Lev Ivanov
First presented, with choreography by Julius Reisinger, at the Bolshoi Theatre, Moscow 4 March 1877 but superceded by a new choreographic version by Marius Petipa and Lev Ivanov at the Maryinsky Theatre, St. Petersburg 8 February 1895 and subsequently established as one of the masterpieces of ballet.
The famous Act II of Swan Lake, choreographed by Ivanov as part of a memorial tribute to Tchaikovsky who had died the year before, is performed by almost every ballet company in the world.
The ballet is a favourite of ballerinas and audiences alike; all leading dancers want to dance Swan Lake during their careers and all audiences want to see them dance in this, the ultimate fairy tale ballet.
The world-renowned Moscow Ballet - La Classique demonstrate their continued quality of dance and performance in a dramatic production of this timeless favourite set to Tchaikovsky's superb score.
Children under 12: £15.00
Start Time: 7:30pm
Eat before the show
2 courses £21.50
3 courses £24.50
Freshly prepared using local ingredients.
- Soup of the day served with homemade bread
- Pan fried Rye Bay scallops with cauliflower puree, black, crispy leeks and a truffle oil with lemon drizzle
- Chicken liver parfait on sourdough bread with a tomato and onion chutney
- Roasted butternut squash served on toasted focaccia, with baba ganoush, char grilled red onions, mixed leaf salad and feta crumble V
- Wild mushroom and spinach risotto with parsnip crisps, rocket salad and balsamic drizzle V
- Slow roasted belly of pork served on a bed of savoy cabbage, oyster mushrooms cooked in apple cider and a whole grain mustard sauce
- Fillet of local cod wrapped in parma ham served with purple potato mash, steamed cavolo nero and butter chive sauce
- Dark chocolate pot with raspberry compote and crème fraîche
- Poached pear and almond tart with red wine ice cream
Please note that Booking Fees apply on the following transactions: Online: £1 per ticket + £1.50 postage or free collection at the Box Office Telephone: £2 per transaction + £1.50 postage or free collection at the Box Office In Person: £2 per transaction (applies if using credit card only) Debit card/Cheque/cash is free