6 Feb – 10 April
In the Rooftop Foyer
In 1935 Christabel Goodwin (1886-1971) set up the Highwoods Pottery at the Lunsford Brick Company’s brickworks on Turkey Road, Bexhill. The Pottery produced distinctive glazed and decorated earthenware pots, tiles and figurines characterised by their rich colour and flair. Goodwin’s work was sent all over the world and patronised by Queen Mary. On show will be a selection produced from 1935 until the closure of the Pottery in 1962.
In collaboration with Bexhill Museum